- Work closely with Cornell anthropologist Sam Beck, Weill Cornell Medicine faculty and physicians, and community leaders.
- Identify the multiple factors that influence and shape health in communities.
- Carry out an online anthropological case study of a Brooklyn neighborhood.
- Learn basic fieldwork methods, including observation, photovoice, reflexivity, informal and formal interviewing, and team research skills.
- Conduct online research to discover disparity indicators.
- Write a reflection case study (minimum of 10 pages) addressing the social determinants of health and achieving health equity.
During Cornell’s summer and winter sessions, you’ll enjoy the same great education that’s offered during our fall and spring semesters. Our special sessions, unlike those at many other universities, feature regular, full-time faculty members and provide an unparalleled opportunity to get to know these outstanding professors, many of whom are leaders in their fields.