Cornell Undergraduate/Graduate Students
Courses fill quickly; we encourage you to enroll as soon as you are able to ensure you get your first-choice class.
Note: This page covers enrolling in Summer and Winter Session courses. Current Cornell students who wish to take Fall/Spring courses should enroll via the Student Center.
1. Review deadlines
See the academic calendar for term dates, payment deadlines, and the last day to add/drop courses:
2. Select your course(s)
If you haven’t done so already, find your course and note your course number and title, which you will need to complete step 3.
3. Request enrollment
To enroll, visit the Student Center.
Using the button below, send us a request indicating that you'd like to enroll in Winter Session classes.
You'll be granted access to add and drop Winter Session classes in Student Center as you would in any other term. Please allow 2-3 full business days for Student Center access to be activated for Winter Session.
Requests submitted after 12:00 p.m. on the second day of class will not be processed. A petition will be required for any enrollment after this deadline.
4. Pay your tuition and fees
You're responsible for the tuition associated with all classes in which you’re enrolled, whether or not you participate in those classes.
If you no longer wish to take a class, follow the steps on the Course Changes page to drop it immediately. If you drop after the refund period has passed (see Dates and Deadlines), you'll be responsible for the total cost of your tuition.
- Summer Session students: If you're participating in more than one session, payment must be submitted for all sessions according to the applicable dates for the first session in which you are enrolling.
A note to graduate students
- If you only want to use the university's libraries and/or other facilities while working on your research, and/or use Cornell Health's services, you must register at the Graduate School.
- Summer/Winter Session graduate students: Please be advised that academic year stipends and tuition awards do not cover Summer/Winter Session courses.
- Register for credit courses
- Special registration categories
- International student information
- Students with disabilities