Welcome, international students!
At Cornell, you'll be part of a multicultural community that includes students from almost every corner of the globe.
What programs can I take?
Note: Due to issues related to COVID-19, visiting international students are currently eligible for online courses only. A decision about summer 2021 on-campus course availability for visiting international students will be made by March 15.
If you can't make it to campus, consider taking a Cornell course online this fall, winter, spring, or summer.
Do you have test score or visa requirements?
You can read about our minimum test scores on the international student enrollment page.
Visas are not required for online study.
Benefits of taking credit courses at Cornell
When you attend this world-renowned university, you can expect to
- Focus on academics as you study with professors at the top of their fields.
- Become familiar with the different teaching and learning styles at an Ivy League institution.
- Dramatically improve your English writing and speaking skills.
- Earn academic credits that generally can be applied toward an undergraduate degree at Cornell or another university.
- Have the opportunity to request recommendation letters from Cornell professors.
- Participate in fun activities that will introduce you to American culture.
- Interact and build friendships with students from around the world.
- Learn more about American universities.
Contact us for more information or if you'd like to be put in touch with a student translator.
Cornell WeChat channel in China
Scan this code to connect with the Cornell China Center’s WeChat channel, "CornellBeijingCenter."