International Student Information
Welcome, international students!
At Cornell, you'll be part of a multicultural community that includes students from almost every corner of the globe.
What programs can I take?
- Consider enrolling in one or more regular on-campus courses.
For enrollment instructions, see international student enrollment.
- If your first language is not English, consider taking the English for International Students and Scholars Program (EISS) before beginning your studies. EISS is offered in the summer, winter, and fall/spring terms.
If you can't make it to campus, consider taking a Cornell course online. Most online courses are offered during the winter and summer, with a smaller number available during the spring and fall semesters.
Do you have test score or visa requirements?
You can read about our minimum test scores on the international student enrollment page.
Visas are not required for online study.
What are my housing options?
On-campus housing is available for undergraduate and graduate/professional students participating in Summer Session.
The university does not provide housing for fall, spring, or winter part-time students.
For more information, see housing.
Benefits of taking credit courses at Cornell
When you attend this world-renowned university, you can expect to
- Focus on academics as you study with professors at the top of their fields.
- Become familiar with the different teaching and learning styles at an Ivy League institution.
- Dramatically improve your English writing and speaking skills.
- Earn academic credits that generally can be applied toward an undergraduate degree at Cornell or another university.
- Have the opportunity to request recommendation letters from Cornell professors.
- Participate in fun activities that will introduce you to American culture.
- Interact and build friendships with students from around the world.
- Learn more about American universities.
Contact us for more information or if you'd like to be put in touch with a student translator.
Cornell WeChat channel in China
Scan this code to connect with the Cornell China Center’s WeChat channel, "CornellBeijingCenter."