There will be a mandatory pre-departure meeting on the Cornell campus in November to prepare you for the program.
This meeting will address
- Purchasing airline tickets
- Coordinating travel with other students
- What to pack
- Course materials to bring
- Behavioral expectations
- Emergency contacts
- In-country travel
- Forms to be completed
Travel & lodging dates
You are responsible for purchasing your own round-trip tickets to and from Siem Riep.
- You should plan to arrive on January 2, 2020.
- Lodging will be provided from January 2 through 18, 2020.
We strongly advise you to purchase travel cancellation insurance in case the program is cancelled or you find you are unable to attend.
Passports & visas
- You must have a valid passport to enter Cambodia.
- Passports need to valid for at least six months from the expiry date.
We suggest that you make two photocopies of your passport and important documents before you leave home. Bring one copy with you (stored separately from the originals) and leave another copy at home with your family and friends in case of an emergency.
- Visas are obtainable upon arrival. The visa is valid for one month.
- The single entry visa fee for a tourist is $30.
General study abroad information
The Cornell Global Learning office has prepared an advice section for Cornell students studying abroad as well as general tips for travelers.
Please review their pages on
And, if relevant, see study abroad for students with disabilities.