- Learn about the origins and foundations of international human rights, the basic human rights legal instruments, and the role of various institutions in enforcing human rights around the world.
- Compare approaches to protecting economic and social rights.
- Discuss critiques of the human rights movement.
- Consider human rights responses to mass atrocities.
- Explore emerging issues in the human rights field.
- Work with classmates to address a simulated human rights problem.
- Draft an opinion piece on a human rights topic of your choice.
- Build critical thinking, writing, and speaking skills.
- Develop knowledge and tools to use in improving the lives of people around the world.
Our programs offer you the rare opportunity to work closely with some of Cornell's most distinguished professors. Under their guidance, you'll develop the critical thinking and writing skills essential for success in college. You'll also have the chance to talk with them about your academic goals and career aspirations.