Apply for Winter Online Courses
- Applications for Winter 2022 will be accepted from October 15 through December 6. Classes run January 3 to 21.
Precollege admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis, which means that we will review and act on complete applications and enrollment requests as they are received. Because this application process requires a number of steps (outlined below) and many of our courses fill before the deadline, we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Please contact the Cornell University Precollege Studies associate director, Janna Dawn (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have any questions about this process.
1. Select your course
Review the instructions for selecting courses.
If you haven’t done so already, find your course and note your course number and title, which you will need to complete Step 2.
Be sure you meet any prerequisites listed for your course. And, unless you have chosen an asynchronous course (which you attend on your own schedule), check that you are available to participate in class during the times specified on the roster.
- Winter Session online courses
2. Request approval to enroll
A: Request Precollege Studies approval
Send an email to the Cornell University Precollege Studies associate director, Janna Dawn (email@example.com), with "Request for approval to take a credit course" as the subject.
Your message should include
- Your request to enroll in a class
- The class dates and full title (e.g., PSYCH 2750 Introduction to Personality)
- Your name, address, and phone number
- A PDF of your high school transcript (in English, on school letterhead, with your name on it)
- A PDF of your most current available grades (in English, on school letterhead, with your name on it)
The Precollege Studies director will review your request and send you an email notifying you of the decision.
3. If approved, register and enroll
If you're granted permission to enroll, go to the page for Visiting Students/General Registrants and follow the registration steps there.
When you submit your course enrollment as part of these steps, you must also submit an enrollment code you will receive from the Precollege Studies director and the Parental Permission and Acknowledgement Form for Minor Students (PDF).
You are not officially enrolled until you have completed all steps below and submitted full payment for your term.
Contact us if you have any questions.
If, after registering, you decide to drop or change your course, send a written request to the Precollege Studies associate director, Janna Dawn (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately.
In your request, please include the titles and course numbers for the courses you wish to drop/add. Also, be sure you meet the prerequisites, if any, for your new course. If you don't formally drop a course, you will receive a grade of F in that class and may be liable for the tuition and any fees.
Written requests must be submitted on or before the first day of class. You may not change courses after the first day of class.
- Application deadlines
- Eligibility for Summer/Winter Courses
- Eligibility for Fall/Spring Courses
- Apply to the Summer Residential Program
- Apply for Online Courses
- Combination programs for summer students
- Local students
- International students
- Students with disabilities