Welcome, international students!
At Cornell, you'll be part of a multicultural community that includes students from almost every corner of the globe.
In fact, our Summer College students come from more than 700 cities and 50 countries around the world! (See the interactive map).
While attending Cornell, you'll be well supported by our Office of Global Learning.
In addition, you'll find that Ithaca, New York, is a friendly and vibrant small city.
What programs can I take?
If you'd like to study at Cornell during the summer, see our Summer College programs, including the English Immersion option if you're primarily interested in improving your academic English writing, speaking, and listening skills.
If you can't make it to campus, consider taking a Cornell course online this summer or winter.
Do you have test score or visa requirements?
You can read about our minimum test scores and visa requirements for our on-campus Summer College program on the International Applicants page.
Benefits of doing precollege studies at Cornell
When you attend this world-renowned university, you can expect to
- Focus on academics as you study with professors at the top of their fields.
- Become familiar with the different teaching and learning styles at an Ivy League institution.
- Dramatically improve your English writing and speaking skills.
- Earn academic credits that generally can be applied toward an undergraduate degree at Cornell or another university.
- Have the opportunity to request recommendation letters from Cornell professors when you apply to college.
- Participate in fun activities that will introduce you to American culture.
- Interact and build friendships with students from around the world.
- Learn more about American universities and how to choose and apply to good schools.
For more information, or if you'd like to be put in touch with a student translator, please contact us.