Cornell University is committed to ensuring that students with disabilities (including physical, medical, visual, hearing, learning, ADHD and psychological disabilities) have equal access to all university programs and activities.
Through Student Disability Services (SDS), qualified students with documented disabilities can receive a variety of aids and accommodations, such as
- Academic accommodations
- Accessible campus housing
- Transportation services
- Dietary/dining accommodations/resources
- Assistive technology
If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations for equal access, you will need to register with SDS. Some accommodations, such as a specific housing assignment, alternative format textbooks/materials, or sign language interpreters, take advance notice to arrange, so please contact SDS as soon as you have been accepted and have decided to attend a precollege program.
How to register with SDS
To register, you must
- Submit the Online Disability Self-Disclosure form.
- Submit current and comprehensive disability documentation. (Please note that Cornell's eligibility guidelines, documentation requirements, and appropriate accommodations may differ from those of your high school.)
- Meet with an SDS counselor upon arriving on campus.
All disability-related information is kept confidential.
For more information, contact SDS: