Cornell students: Add/Drop questions
Course changes include
- Adding or dropping a course
- Changing the number of credits
- Changing from credit to auditor status or vice versa
- Changing the grade option.
Make a course change
The effective date of your course change will be the date your form initially reaches us, with all necessary approvals (if any).
If you enrolled online
You may make changes to your online account until your enrollment is processed by our Registrar's office.
If you enrolled offline or your online enrollment has been processed
Fall/Spring forms must include the instructor's signature. Cornell employees must also obtain approval from their supervisor and department head. If a digital signature is not possible, please attach written approval (email is acceptable).
Course change deadlines
You must make course changes before the course change deadline for your session:
Withdraw from a course
You may officially withdraw by completing a change-in-enrollment form (PDF) indicating that you are dropping all classes.
Submit this form via email to the School of Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you stop attending class without officially dropping the class, you are liable for all tuition and fees, and you will receive a grade of F.
- If you withdraw, you must turn in your ID card, and you will lose all the privileges that it provides. The notation "withdrawn" and the effective date will appear on your transcript.
- If you want to withdraw from an off-campus program, consult the program director.
See also refunds and withdrawals.