Fall, Winter & Spring course changes
For instructions about changing fall, winter, or spring courses, visit the Course Changes page on the Courses for Credit website.
Summer course changes
If you decide to drop, add, or change courses, send a written request to the Precollege Studies office (firstname.lastname@example.org), by the deadline below.In your request, include
- The titles and course numbers for the courses you wish to drop
- The titles, course numbers, and specific section for the courses you wish to add. Review the Precollege course roster to be sure the course has open seats and you meet the prerequisites, if any, for your new course.
Note: If you don't formally drop a course, you will receive a grade of F in that class and may be liable for the tuition and any fees.
Summer course change deadlines
Summer online students
Before your course starts
You must submit a written request no later than Friday, June 2, 2023.
After your course starts
To add or change a class
- For a three-week session: You may not switch to another course once your class has started.
- For the six-week session: You must submit a written request no later than the third day after the class start date.
To drop a class
You must submit a written request by the deadlines below (by 11:59 p.m. EST) to drop a class without a petition and without the letter "W" appearing on your transcript:
- Three-week Session 1: June 7, 2023
- Three-week Session 2: June 30, 2023
- Three-week Session 3: July 19, 2023
- Six-week Session: July 10, 2023
Also see the Refund Schedule.