A student who drops a course or who has an approved refund petition may receive a tuition refund according to the prorated schedules below.
- Course fees are nonrefundable.
- If you withdraw without officially notifying the Cornell SCE registrar’s office in writing, you will not receive a refund.
- Health fees and/or the student health plan charge cannot be refunded after the first day of class (or program start). For more information, contact Student Health Benefits.
If you have questions about this process, please contact us.
For Summer/Winter Session
To withdraw from a summer/winter course, you must notify the SCE registrar’s office in writing. Your refund amount will be determined by the number of days from the start of the course that you withdrew.
Refund schedule (based on course start date)
- Days 1-3: Withdrawal period with a 100 percent tuition refund
- Days 4-5: Withdrawal period with a 50 percent tuition refund
- Day 6: Withdrawal period with no refund
For Fall/Spring Study
For Special Programs
Visit your special program’s website for withdrawal and refund information.
If you want to appeal the refund schedule based on extenuating circumstances, download the petition form (PDF), complete it, and submit it by email to the SCE review committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Refund petition” in the subject line of your email.
The form will be reviewed by committee, and you will be notified if your appeal is approved.