This page is for students who will be younger than 18 when they graduate from high school.
If you'll be 18 years old or older when you graduate from high school, do not use this page. Instead, review your program options on the Courses for Credit site and follow the enrollment instructions under the adults/general registrants category.
Precollege study options
High school students are invited to take courses at Cornell year-round.
Options include Summer College programs, online courses in the summer and winter, and on-campus classes during the fall and spring semesters.
To enroll in online courses
Online courses are offered only during the summer and winter sessions.
To learn more and enroll, visit the online courses section of the Cornell University Precollege Studies website.
To enroll in on-campus courses
International students and U.S. students from outside Ithaca
Due to residency requirements, you may enroll in on-campus courses only during the summer.
To explore your program options, visit Cornell's Summer College Program for High School Students.
- International students: Follow the international applicant instructions for Summer College.
- U.S. students from outside Ithaca: Follow the instructions on how to apply for Summer College.
You may enroll in on-campus classes during the fall, winter, spring, and summer.
Enrollment options vary by session as follows:
A: Summer enrollment for local students
You may apply to
- Cornell's Summer College Program for High School Students (you will have the option to live on campus or at home in the Ithaca area)
- With permission, you may enroll directly in Summer Session classes (you must live at home in the Ithaca area). See On-Campus Courses for Local High School Students.
B: Winter and Fall/Spring enrollment for local students
If you live at home in the Ithaca area, you may, with permission, enroll directly in winter and fall/spring classes. See On-Campus Courses for Local High School Students.
- Register for credit courses
- Special registration categories
- Registration forms
- International student information
- Students with disabilities