High School Students
- If you will have graduated from high school by the time you start your course:
Please do not use this page. Instead, review your program options on the Courses for Credit site and follow the registration instructions under the visiting students category.
- If you will still be in high school at the time you start your course:
Please review your precollege options below.
Precollege study options
High school students are invited to take courses at Cornell year-round.
On-campus and online options are available.
To register for online courses
Visit the online courses section of the Cornell University Precollege Studies website to learn more and register.
To register for on-campus courses
- International students
Learn about the Summer Residential Program and follow the international applicant instructions.
- U.S. students from outside Ithaca
Learn about the Summer Residential Program and follow the instructions at how to apply.
- Local students
You may apply to the Summer Residential Program (you will have the option to live on campus or at home in the Ithaca area). Follow the instructions at how to apply.
Or, with permission, you may register directly in on-campus classes during the fall, spring, or summer sessions (you must live at home in the Ithaca area). See On-Campus Courses for Local High School Students.
- Register for credit courses
- Special registration categories
- International student information
- Students with disabilities