Review language requirements

All Cornell students must have a strong command of the English language to be successful in their engagement in their university studies. If English is not your native language or if you have not attended a school in a country where English is an official language, please email results from an acceptable English language proficiency examination. This is a requirement for enrollment.

The School of Continuing Education follows the language proficiency requirements set forth by the Undergraduate Admissions office. Please review those guidelines.

What if my scores don't meet the requirements?

If your scores don't meet the requirements, you may want to take the English for International Students and Scholars program before beginning your other studies. (Available in summer only.)

Select your registration term

Please select a term and instruction mode below: