- Analyze how the theories of realism, liberalism, global humanism, and critical theory lead people to see international relations in very different ways.
- Learn basic principles that underlie the current global economic order.
- Examine opposing views on how culture shapes international relations.
- Recognize the relationship between the global economic order, security threats, and military strategies.
- Explore how international relations theories can help clarify current events.
- Evaluate international events including 9/11, wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the rise of ISIS, and the rapid growth of China's economy.
- Gain critical thinking, writing, and speaking skills.
Our programs offer you the rare opportunity to work closely with some of Cornell's most distinguished professors. Under their guidance, you'll develop the critical thinking and writing skills essential for success in college. You'll also have the chance to talk with them about your academic goals and career aspirations.