Tips for Academic Success
Advice from precollege alums and their professors
- Be okay with not knowing; school is designed for those who don't know.
- Take advantage of your professor's office hours and get to know your teaching assistant.
- Ask for help when you need it, whether for classes or any other issues.
- Trust other people to be on your side.
- Read and listen to learn, then think about and discuss what you are learning.
- Become ever more conscious of how you use your time throughout the day.
- Break your academic work down into manageable steps and stick with it.
- Be true to yourself and honest with everyone else.
- Eat well. Drink lots of water. Get plenty of sleep.
- Enjoy life! Allow yourself to have fun.
Tips from Cornell's Learning Strategies Center
Check out the Learning Strategies Center's study skills page for lots of tips, including