Before registering, please
- Review the Exchange Program Policies
Ithaca College students:
How to register at Cornell
1. Submit your exchange petition
- Complete the Petition to enroll at Cornell University.
- Secure approval signatures (graduate students should obtain the graduate dean's signature). If a digital signature is not possible, please attach written approval (email is acceptable).
- Submit your approved petition, with approvals attached, to Cornell's School of Continuing Education, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Follow the registration steps for visitors
After you have submitted your exchange petition, go to the page for Visiting Students/General Registrants and follow the registration steps there.
You may skip the payment instructions under Step 4.
Note: Graduating Ithaca College seniors enrolled in a course at Cornell during their final semester will not receive their diploma until the Cornell transcript is received and the grade posted. Depending on when the transcript arrives it may result in a September graduation date. Students can request a copy of their official transcript using their Cornell NetID.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
How to register at Ithaca College
- Complete the IC–CU Exchange Petition (PDF).
- Secure approval signatures from your advisor and college registrar. If a digital signature is not possible, please attach written approval (email is acceptable).
- Send signed form to the SCE registrar at email@example.com for final approval.
- Complete Ithaca College's online Extramural Registration Form. Additional information can be found on IC's exchange program website. Once your registration is complete, Ithaca College will provide you with further instructions.
- Present the approved petition to the Ithaca College Office of Extended Studies, Job Hall 208, during the first week of classes, before attending the first class. Note: Registration takes place during the first week of classes at Ithaca College in the Office of Extended Studies. Certain restrictions apply to courses in the School of Business as well as graduate-level courses.
- Once your registration is completed you should obtain an ID card from the ID Office in IC's Campus Center in Philips Hall. An ID is required for registering a vehicle to park on campus, checking books out of the library, cashing checks at the campus center, and admission to athletic events and facilities.
- If you plan to have a vehicle on campus you must park in lots identified as red lots (these are student lots). You will be required to register your vehicle once you complete your registration for classes. See parking services.
Note: Cornell students with majors in the Division of Nutritional Sciences who intend to complete the minor in applied exercise science may register for more than one Ithaca College course per semester; however, they are bound by the 12-credit-hour maximum, total.
School of Continuing Education
B20 Day Hall
- Register for credit courses
- Special registration categories
- Registration forms
- International student information
- Students with disabilities