- Develop a set of skills, tools, and practices to support you in being an agent for change.
- Evaluate and create business models for mission-driven social ventures.
- Discuss the characteristics of social entrepreneurs and what motivates them.
- Examine topics from leadership to nurturing community, fostering creativity, and responding to failure.
- Compare traditional methods of activism with a new, pragmatic approach called Transformative Action.
- Review case studies, meet with guest lecturers, and engage in self-reflection, critical analysis, research, and action.
- Learn how to use a Business Model Generator and Canvas to map out nine critical components of any project.
- Apply what you learn in the program to a cause in which you believe by designing your own "Big Idea for Social Change."
Our programs offer you the rare opportunity to work closely with some of Cornell's most distinguished professors. Under their guidance, you'll develop the critical thinking and writing skills essential for success in college. You'll also have the chance to talk with them about your academic goals and career aspirations.