- Become familiar with the process of "design thinking."
- Learn how to conduct design exercises and describe design approaches used in various health or hospitality facility projects.
- Explore ways hospitality ideas can improve the design of health care services.
- Use architect's scales to measure drawings and understand basics of architectural drawings.
- Perform a basic cost-estimating exercise for a hypothetical project.
- Define terms involved in facility planning/design projects.
- Identify ways your personality might impact how you could apply your skills/knowledge, and discover how it might provide potential clues about future careers.
- Work in teams to devise innovative solutions to design and business problems and complete a practical "capstone" project that incorporates techniques learned in the program.
Our programs offer you the rare opportunity to work closely with some of Cornell's most distinguished professors. Under their guidance, you'll develop the critical thinking and writing skills essential for success in college. You'll also have the chance to talk with them about your academic goals and career aspirations.