- Explore adolescent development and social, biological, and cognitive transitions.
- Gain an understanding of identity, autonomy, intimacy, sexuality, achievement, and psychosocial problems.
- Examine families and peer groups.
- Learn about the theories and research that describe the fundamental changes of adolescence.
- Understand and apply theoretical perspectives and research findings.
- Identify the major contexts in which development in adolescence occurs.
Our programs offer you the rare opportunity to work closely with some of Cornell's most distinguished professors. Under their guidance, you'll develop the critical thinking and writing skills essential for success in college. You'll also have the chance to talk with them about your academic goals and career aspirations.