Auditing a Course
The auditing option is designed for students who
- Want to take courses at Cornell
- Want those courses listed on an official Cornell transcript
- Do not need to earn credits
Tuition & fees
As an auditor, you pay the same tuition and fees as if you were taking the course for credit. See tuition.
Courses you audit will appear on an official Cornell transcript with a grade of "V" or "INC".
- Cornell University undergrads and high school students in a Cornell University Precollege Studies program may not audit courses.
- The audit option is not available for every course. Check individual class listings for specific enrollment instructions.
To register & enroll
Before registering, you must discuss expectations for class attendance and work completion with your instructor. Misunderstandings of expectations by either party could result in a grade of “Incomplete”.
When submitting your registration request, you will be asked to indicate your preferred grading basis. Select the audit option to request enrollment as an auditor.