As a Summer College student, you're invited to visit a six-week course for a day or two in addition to the course(s) in which you are enrolled for credit.
Visiting a class gives you an opportunity to explore a topic of your choosing, meet Cornell professors, and learn for the sheer joy of learning—no quizzes, no exams, no papers to write.
- You will not receive credit for a course you visit, nor will it appear on your transcript.
- You may visit a course or courses for a day or two, as specified by the professor.
- Six-week lecture courses generally welcome visitors.
- Labs, studios, writing courses, special programs, online courses, and three-week courses are not open to visitors.
To register to visit a course
- Select the course(s) you want to visit from the six-week Summer College course roster
- Complete a Visitors Program permission form, available in the Summer College academic office in B20 Day Hall.
- Ask the course instructor to sign the form, indicating that you have permission to visit.
- Bring the signed form back to the Summer College academic office in B20 Day Hall.