Fall & Spring Course Enrollment Approvals
Fall and Spring students must obtain instructor, department, or college registrar approval before they can be enrolled in their course.
Different colleges and schools have different required approvals:
- Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management: Instructor approval required
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences: Instructor approval required
- College of Architecture, Art, and Planning: Instructor approval required
- College of Arts and Sciences: Department approval required
- College of Computing and Information Science: Department approval required
- Computer Science: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Science: ISadvising@cornell.edu
- Statistics and Data Science: email@example.com
- College of Engineering: Instructor approval required
- College of Human Ecology: Instructor approval required
- Cornell Law School: Registrar approval required (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jeb E. Brooks School of Public Policy: Instructor approval required
- Physical Education Department: Department approval required (email email@example.com)
- Samuel Curtis Johnson School of Business: Registrar approval required (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- School of Hotel Administration: Instructor approval required
- School of Industrial and Labor Relations: Registrar approval (email email@example.com) and instructor approval required
- School of Veterinary Medicine: Instructor approval required. Registrar approval required for VTMED classes (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sample email that you should send:
Hello, Per instructions for Visiting Students wishing to enroll in Fall or Spring courses, I am requesting your permission to take the following class(es):
- BIOEE 1781 Introduction to Evolution and Diversity, 4 credits, August 22-December 17, 2022
If you approve, please reply to this email at your earliest convenience with your okay. I will then forward your response to the registrar at the School of Continuing Education to complete my enrollment.
Please forward resulting approval email(s) to the SCE registrar at email@example.com.
Locating instructor contact information
On the class roster for your term, use the search box to find your class. Hover over the instructor’s name on the class listing to show their netID (i.e. xzx23). The netID combined with “@cornell.edu” is the instructor’s email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
How do I know which college offers my class?
Select a college or school from the list of quick links on the Courses of Study page.
Want to enroll in a First-Year Writing Seminar?
Requests for approval to enroll in a First-Year Writing Seminar (FWS course) must be sent to Donna L. Newton at email@example.com.