As a student in the winter program, you'll be enrolled in the two-credit course
During the two-week in-country experience, you'll study in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap, make field visits, and attend all lectures.
- Elements of Khmer Language and Culture (KHMER 1100), October 21-December 10, 2019
This one-credit, seven-week introductory course in Cambodian language and culture will prepare you for your time in Cambodia. It is mandatory for all students applying to the winter Cornell in Cambodia program (exceptions can be made for students who are not on campus for the Fall 2019 semester).
The course must be taken for a letter grade. Class will meet once a week at a time determined by the course instructor after she finds a time that suits everyone enrolled.
- A Southeast Asia course
It is highly encouraged that you take/have taken a course about Southeast Asia while at Cornell. While it is not mandatory in order to go on the trip, it is a mark in your favor on your application.
For more information, contact the Southeast Asia Program.
You'll be expected to
- Attend class daily.
- Complete all assignments in a timely manner.
- Participate in class discussions, case studies, and field trips.
- Be respectful of local customs.
- Dress appropriately during field trips.