The program is open to all Cornell undergraduate students.
To enroll, you must be in good academic standing and have the demonstrated intellectual interest and personal maturity to participate in the program.
Previous coursework in Southeast Asian Studies and/or ILR is strongly recommended. Application-strength might also be influenced by additional relevent coursework and interests, language skills, international/development experience, and a strong commitment in community service.
To take part in the program, you must also
- Complete the prerequisites.
- Attend the mandatory pre-departure meeting.
- Have a valid passport. See travel information.
How to apply
Application deadline: September 30, 2019
To apply, complete the online Contemporary Cambodia application. Application decisions will be made by October 7, 2019.
See tuition and aid for scholarship and payment deadlines.
How to enroll
Enrollment deadline: November 1, 2019
After receiving permission to enroll, you must complete the following steps to secure your place in the program:
1. Submit the nonrefundable program fee of $735 (see tuition and aid) via CashNet to your bursar account by November 1, 2019.
2. Complete the course enrollment form (PDF) and submit it by November 1, 2019, to
School of Continuing Education
B20 Day Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853
3. Complete the international travel registry form.
All students are required to enroll in the Cornell Travel Registry. Your enrollment in the program will not be considered complete until you’ve taken this step. See the Global Cornell website for important travel information.
Also see travel information.
4. Submit your remaining balance of $3,040 by December 6, 2019. You may lose your place if you do not meet your payment deadline. See tuition and aid.
5. Attend the mandatory pre-departure meeting organized by the program faculty (dates and times TBA). You will not be allowed to participate in the program if you do not attend this session.