Unpacking Poetry: The Pleasure & Process of Reading & Writing Poems Taught by Charles Green, senior lecturer in the Department of Literatures in English at Cornell University
- Develop practices for reading poems and experiencing them as active readers.
- Discover ways to enjoy the various pleasures of poems.
- Build a productive vocabulary around image, figure, sound, and lineation.
- Explore poems as social texts, not just individual ones.
- Practice writing poems and writing about them as a way to enjoy poetry more fully.
Experts in their fields, the faculty who design and lead CAU's summer classes know their subjects inside and out. From Cornell presidents and administrators to distinguished faculty and leaders in university athletics and the arts, these engaged and dynamic teachers are passionate about sharing their expertise with you. Thanks to them, you can return to the classroom, without the stress of tests, simply for the joy of learning.