Why vacation with CAU this summer?
During CAU’s inspiring weeklong summer programs, held on the gorgeous Cornell University campus in Ithaca, New York, you can make the most of the area’s natural beauty while immersing yourself in a course taught by Cornell faculty.
You can choose courses in three main areas:
- Seminar-style and lecture-based courses in topics such as art, science, current affairs, and more.
- Experiential courses, such as sculpture and wine tastings
- Active courses, such as golf, sailing, bicycling, and tennis.
Many classes include field trips and guest speakers. Students from all backgrounds and abilities, whether singles, couples, families, or groups of friends, are welcome to participate in any of our courses. Learn about class sizes, schedules, and more.
After a day in class, relax in the company of new friends, attend a free concert, or listen to a thought-provoking lecture on campus. See activities.
Do you have children or grandchildren ages 4-15?
Bring them along! CAU offers weeklong classes and summer camp activities that coincide with the adult courses, so everyone can enjoy topics and activities suited to their age, interests, and skill level. See Cornell CAU youth programs.
Top 5 reasons to take a CAU course this summer
- Delve into a fascinating topic for a week with Cornell faculty.
- Relax on Cornell's peaceful campus at the height of summer’s beauty.
- Delight in the companionship and camaraderie of friendly people of all ages.
- Explore the area’s spectacular waterfalls, forests, gorges, and wine country among the Finger Lakes.
- Enjoy the flexibility to savor CAU by yourself, bring a spouse or friend, or attend with the whole family.