- Live, study, and play on Appledore Island, one of nine islands in the Isles of Shoals archipelago.
- Participate in all-day learning (8:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m., with breaks for meals and studying).
- Enjoy extensive laboratory experiences and fieldwork (land-based and boat-based).
- Complete an individual or group research project.
- Benefit from small class sizes (faculty to student ratio between 1:5 to 1:8).
Shoals Marine Laboratory, a unit of Cornell University and the University of New Hampshire, is a leader in marine science education, research, and outreach.
During Cornell’s summer and winter sessions, you’ll enjoy the same great education that’s offered during our fall and spring semesters. Our special sessions feature outstanding instructors and researchers, many of whom are leaders in their fields.