Activities & Community Resources
As a summer residential student at Cornell, you'll not only work hard, but you'll have a chance to play hard, too.
Check out summer calendars and events
- Check out the preliminary precollege summer events and activities calendar. Note: Events will be added throughout the week. Check back frequently.
- See Cornell's events calendar, a great place to find information about concerts, lectures, exhibits, and other interesting events taking place on and around the Cornell campus. Be sure to stop by the free Friday night concerts on the Arts Quad.
- For information about things to do in the Ithaca—from the Farmers Market to music, dance, cinema, sports, hiking, swimming, shopping, and more—see visitithaca.com or Cornell's Visiting Ithaca pages. Your TCAT bus pass, which you receive on Opening Day, will take you all around the county.
- Go sunset watching and star gazing from Libe Slope or the Fuertes Observatory on North Campus.
- Visit the famous art, birds, brains, and other collections at Cornell, which include the Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art, the world-class Lab of Ornithology, and the fabled Brain Collection at Uris Hall.
- Picnic in or walk through the Cornell Botanic Gardens, 4,000 magnificent acres of rose gardens, lovely woodland trails, waterfalls, gorges, and ponds.
- Stop by the Space Sciences Building, home to more than 100,000 images taken of planets by NASA spacecraft.
- Climb to the top of the McGraw clock tower and see the chimes firsthand.
- Enjoy an ice cream sundae at the Cornell Dairy Bar.
- Monday, July 4: In observance of Independence Day, we will not have classes.
- Monday, July 25: College Admissions Workshop, 6:00 p.m.
Where can I work out?
With three summer locations around campus, Cornell Fitness Centers (CFC) provide an extensive variety of cardio and weight equipment and group exercise classes. Summer residential students can swim for free during open swim hours without a membership.
- Three-week membership: $30.00
- Six-week membership: $55.00
You can purchase your membership in the business office in Helen Newman Hall, Room 319, Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. They accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover.
For more information, review the Cornell Fitness Center Summer 2022 FAQs.
Where can I swim?
Additional services to support you while you attend our precollege program include