As a Summer College student, you'll not only work hard, but you'll have a chance to play hard, too. Here are some of the activities students have enjoyed in past years:
- Intramural sports, laser tag, rock climbing, and US quidditch
- Free movies and outdoor music and lecture series
- Weekend dances, dance classes, and karaoke
- Culture nights, coffeehouses, student-curated art shows, political debates, and open mics
- Production meetings for the Summer College yearbook
- The ever-popular Summer College Talent Show and after party
- Midnight breakfasts and ice cream socials
- Community service projects
- Sunset watching and star gazing from Libe Slope or the North Campus observatory
Check out the Summer College events calendars
- View the Summer College events and activities calendar (2019 activities will be posted in June)
Sign up for clubs
You can check out and sign up for Summer College clubs during the Activities Fair on opening weekend. Options include:
The Summer College yearbook
Want to chronicle your experiences this summer? If you enjoy photography, page layout, drawing, or graphic design, join other students in putting together the summer yearbook. No experience required. (Check out past yearbooks.)
The Diversity Club
Are you interested in learning and supporting people from different backgrounds, races, genders, and sexual orientations? Diversity Club is a great opportunity to engage in thoughtful conversations and broaden your perspective and to work with staff to provide opportunities for students outside the club to engage in similar conversations.
Where can I swim?
Where can I work out?
With three summer locations around campus, Cornell Fitness Centers (CFC) provide an extensive variety of cardio and weight equipment and group exercise classes. Summer College students can swim for free during open swim hours without a membership.