Taking Flight: An Introduction to the World of Birds Taught by Jen Walsh, a Fuller Evolutionary Biology Fellow at Cornell’s Lab of Ornithology
- Explore the woods, marshes, and ponds of the famed Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
- Tour the Cornell Museum of Vertebrates.
- Enjoy an excursion to the Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge, home to a variety of waterfowl, marsh and water birds, and shorebirds, as well as bald eagles.
- Learn about the habits, habitats, color, and song of a wealth of birds.
- Participate in hands-on activities such as banding.
Experts in their fields, the faculty who design and lead CAU's summer classes know their subjects inside and out. From Cornell presidents and administrators to distinguished faculty and leaders in university athletics and the arts, these engaged and dynamic teachers are passionate about sharing their expertise with you. Thanks to them, you can return to the classroom, without the stress of tests, simply for the joy of learning.