- Learn advanced methods of critical thinking and literary analysis.
- Read from novels and medical works, poetry and philosophy, novellas, and historical accounts.
- Consider canonical texts from European and American figures such as Aristotle, Shakespeare, Freud, Emerson, and Kafka, among others.
- Improve your interpretive skills and learn the fundamentals of college-level writing.
- Hear talks by guest lecturers from select humanities departments, such as comparative literature, Medieval studies, history, anthropology, art history, romance studies, German studies, music, and philosophy.
- Explore works in the Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art.
Our programs offer you the rare opportunity to work closely with some of Cornell's most distinguished professors. Under their guidance, you'll develop the critical thinking and writing skills essential for success in college. You'll also have the chance to talk with them about your academic goals and career aspirations.