Note: The information below pertains to on-campus programs only. Please see our online courses section for information about tuition and admissions for online classes.
Tuition & fees
Program charges for Cornell University Summer College programs in 2020:
|Program length||Program charge|
|Two-week session A (non-credit)||$4,550|
|Two-week session B (non-credit)||$5,500|
These charges cover the following:
- Tuition for enrollment in regular Cornell University undergraduate credit-bearing courses (two classes of up to eight credits for six weeks of study and one class of three to four credits for three weeks of study) OR academic fees for enrollment in a two-week, non-credit program.
- Most course-specific fees.
- An official Cornell University transcript.
- The cost of accommodations in a Cornell residence hall supervised by residential community advisors.
- A full meal plan.
- Access to student life and 24/7 safety services.
- Participation in academic skills workshops, learning activities, admissions workshops, one-on-one admissions counseling sessions, and a wide range of social activities.
The charges do not cover the cost of books, supplies, or travel to the program.
Student Health Plan
If you live within the U.S.
You are required to pay either the $117 summer Student Health Fee or enroll in Cornell’s Student Health Plan (SHP).
If you live outside the U.S.
You are required to enroll in Cornell's Student Health Plan (SHP) for the length of your program. There is an additional charge for this coverage that will be added to your program charge above.
The fees for Cornell's SHP in 2020:
|Program length||SHP fee|
For information about the health fee, the health plan, and health services, visit the Summer College health services page.
To hold your place in the program, you must submit your full payment within five business days from the date on your acceptance letter, or immediately if you're admitted within one week of the application deadline. You may lose your place if you do not meet your payment deadline.
It is critical that you submit your full program charge immediately upon your acceptance to Summer College so that we can issue you an I-20. See our International applicants page for information.