Summer 2021 Updates
- Applications will be available starting in late January.
- Learn about Precollege Summer Programs and COVID-19.
When you apply to the Cornell University Precollege Summer Residential Program, you'll be asked to answer the following questions.
These statements are an important part of your application (and writing them is good practice for your college application essays), so please be thoughtful about your responses.
Your answers to each of the three items should be in English and should not exceed 250 words.
1. What are your three most significant interests and activities (including any employment or volunteer work experience)?
- Note the time you devote to the activities, how long you've been involved in them, and your main responsibilities.
- Describe why one of these interests or activities is important to you, your reasons for becoming involved in it, and your related accomplishments.
2. So that we can get to know you better, please provide a personal statement that addresses the following questions:
- What distinguishes you from your classmates and peers?
- What do you expect to gain from this program?
- What do you hope to accomplish during this program?
3. Tell us about your interest in courses (both your first and second choices) you selected in your application.
- Why did you select these courses?
- What do you expect to gain from them?
- What personal, work, or volunteer experience have you had related to these courses?
- Application deadlines
- Eligibility for Summer/Winter Courses
- Eligibility for Fall/Spring Courses
- Apply to the Summer Residential Program
- Apply for Online Courses
- Combination programs for summer students
- Local students
- International students
- Students with disabilities