When you apply to Summer College, you'll be asked to answer the following questions.
These statements are an important part of your application (and writing them is good practice for your college application essays), so please be thoughtful about your responses.
Your answers to each of the three items should be in English and should not exceed 250 words.
1. What are your three most significant interests and activities (including any employment or volunteer work experience)?
- Note the time you devote to the activities, how long you've been involved in them, and your main responsibilities.
- Describe why one of these interests or activities is important to you, your reasons for becoming involved in it, and your related accomplishments.
2. So that we can get to know you better, please provide a personal statement that addresses the following questions:
- What distinguishes you from your classmates and peers?
- What do you expect to gain from Summer College?
- What do you hope to accomplish during the program?
3. Tell us about your interest in the Summer College programs (both your first and second choices) you selected in your application.
- Why did you select these programs?
- What do you expect to gain from them?
- What personal, work, or volunteer experience have you had related to these programs?
- If you are applying to the Research Apprenticeship in Biological Sciences (RABS) program, also tell us about a biological research project that you have initiated or participated in.