For students registered in fall part-time study
Due to COVID-19, students enrolling in part-time study for Fall 2020 may register only for courses that may be completed entirely online. They may not participate in classes that contain on-campus components.
To determine if a course will be taught online, find your course on the Fall 2020 course roster, click on “view course details,” and look for “instruction mode.” If a course lists the instruction mode as “OL/Online” or “AD/Asynchronous distance learning” you may register.
In addition, if an in-person or hybrid course lists a "Remote Access" mode, you may register for that option.
Definitions of instruction modes
- OL/Online: The course will be delivered completely online with portions delivered synchronously at prescheduled course meeting times.
- AD/Asynchronous distance learning: The course will be delivered online with pre-recorded content and asynchronous interactions.
- Remote Access: The course is offered completely or partially in person, but will provide a "Remote Access" option for students (including part-time registrants) required to study online.
See dates and deadlines for general updates to the fall academic calendar.
Please review Cornell's page on coronavirus information for students for academic information, grading, access to resources, and much more.
If you have questions about courses and more, please contact the SCE registrar's department at
- Phone: 607.255.4987 (messages are checked twice a day)
- Email: email@example.com (please use “COVID-19” in your subject line)