Students who've started their application
Fall/Spring application instructions
Applications for fall open in mid-December; applications for spring open in mid-August.
- Check application deadline
- Complete the online application
- Upload a formal resume
- Provide a reference. You only need to submit the name and NetID of a professor or TA who knows your academic work
- Order an official transcript and have it sent to email@example.com
If you’re a transfer student, in addition to submitting your Cornell transcript, please request an official transcript be emailed from your previous institution to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to check with your advisor or department about how credits and courses will apply to your major
Summer enrollment instructions
Enrollment for the summer opens at the end of the fall semester, usually by mid-December.
- Review the academic calendar. The application deadline is March 20, 2021.
- Create a CIW student account via CIW's online application page
Note: Summer students do not need to submit a transcript, resume, or reference
- After your CIW student account has been created:
- Starting in mid-February, a CIW staff member will send an enrollment form for you to complete. Please complete it as soon as possible and return it to email@example.com.
Cornell ILR students
ILR students applying to CIW for the fall or spring semesters should attach a note indicating that Brigid Beachler (firstname.lastname@example.org, 607.255.2266) has approved their participation in the program. There is no restriction on ILR students participating in CIW.